When you’re moving houses, it’s essential to take steps that will keep your fragile belongings safe. Never place breakables in boxes with items like books or toys because these can scratch and chip the glassware inside! Instead, use a picture box for pictures to avoid getting any damage when moving around during transit.
Picture moving boxes are great for all your pieces of artwork. They’re lightweight, durable, and easy to use! The following are some details you need to know:
What Are They?
It’s crucial that when packing up all of your belongings into boxes, there are different types available so that nothing goes wrong along the way! Picture moving boxes help provide extra security by protecting against damage from bumps or drops during transit. With these on hand before any move, they will protect more delicate items with ease while still being easy enough to work with – making them ideal for anyone who needs their hands free throughout their relocation experience.
Picture boxes are a great way to ensure your belongings will arrive in good condition. They’re also customizable because of the two pieces that slide together for any size you need and can protect your items, such as photographs or artwork, from damage by minimizing any vacant space.
Picture Moving Boxes: What Are Their Advantages?
Now that you know what they are, it’s time to get a list of why they should be your go-to moving box for fragile items such as antique frames, artworks, and mirrors. What do the experts say? Below are just a few advantages:
- You can protect picture frames and paintings with the use of these cardboard moving boxes. The four pieces come together to form one hard case that is perfect for your valuable possessions. With this easy system, you no longer have to worry about any breakages or scratches while shipping them off-site.
- Picture boxes are great for protecting your artwork. They’re made out of thicker cardboard and come in a variety of sizes, so you can find the perfect one to suit all your needs.
If you’re looking for a way to save money, then utilize specialized picture boxes only when handling expensive and valuable items such as framed paintings and pictures.
Professional movers can make all the difference when you require moving boxes. Not only will they provide a variety to pick from, but these professionals also know how risky packing is and have the proper equipment for your move.
Moving Pictures? Here’s What To Do
When you move independently, you have to get familiar with the actual packing steps. It is almost always best to pack fragile and expensive items first. When you’re moving, here are some tips for packing pictures:
- You must take down all photos and paintings. Begin by gathering all the paintings and pictures you plan to pack. When you remove your framed possessions from their respective spots, take extra care not to damage them.
- Establish a packing station. Set up a little corner or area where you can comfortably pack your framed photographs and paintings. Make sure your table is cleared and covered with a thick blanket as a protective layer.
- Get the packing paper ready. Prepare the packing paper on the table. You can overlap many sheets of paper to cover the entire frame if the item is larger than the paper.
- Secure the glass pieces of the framed pictures. Glass may be affixed to the front of some of your photographs to protect them from moisture, dust, etc. You should therefore pack these fragile frame elements with care during the haul. To achieve this, you can place cardboard or furniture pads over the glass parts and then tape them in place with packing tape.
- Get the picture frame wrapped. You’ll need to wrap them up in bubble wrap to add an extra layer of protection. It is essential to secure the entire paper bundle, including the edges. That way, no area of the frame will be left unprotected.
- Be sure to keep your photos safe. Don’t worry about the appearance of the paper bundles when you pack your framed pictures. The primary reason for packing these items is to keep them safe until they arrive in your new home. Security should take precedence over appearance when it comes to your belongings during a move.
- Make use of picture boxes. Using picture boxes, which depend on the size of your valuables, is a great way to ensure the safety of your framed belongings. All there is to do is to slide the boxes into each other to create a custom-sized fit. In this way, even if the box flips, your 65 lb framed photos and paintings won’t get damaged.
- Put labels on the boxes. Once the two pieces of the picture box are taped together, you can use a black marker pen to label them. Note the contents, destination room, and a reminder to people that they must handle the boxes with care because they are fragile.
In conclusion, your artwork and other precious belongings deserve the best protection possible. That’s why it is crucial to know your limitations as a DIY-mover before you commence packing up all of those prized possessions. However, if you find that too risky, then do not take any chances in this endeavor. Instead, hire professionals who provide full-service moving to cater to all your moving tasks. Use this article as your guide to moving all things fragile, minus the hassle!